GETTING STARTED IN
Before we begin....
Street foodies contact us every day undecided as to what type of food would be best suited to them and their abilities, the reality is that most of them need to ask themselves a lot more questions before they get to the point of what food to sell.
Here’s a 10 point checklist which you need to work through just to get you thinking in the right direction.
So, what next?
Looking for more help, info or advice? We have a few more options to help you develop your business depending on which stage you're at. You can contact NCASS to get help and advice specific to your business, take the UK's only Street Food start up course or dive in to the 'industry bible' written by the Chairman of NCASS, Bob Fox. Read more below.
Get advice from The Nationwide Caterers Association
The online course
What is it?
Street Food EU is an online training course to help you start up a street food business and make it a success.
The course answers the following critical questions:
• Is the street food business right for you?
• How do you choose food that sells and maximise profits?
• What are the pitfalls and how can you avoid them?
• How can you convince a market organiser to let you trade?
• How much does it cost to set up and run a street food business?
• What legal stuff do you need to know & do to operate safely & legally?
• Which training qualifications and licences do you need?
• How should you name and brand your street food business?
• Should you use a gazebo, trailer or van? What other equipment do you need?
• What’s the right way to select, manage and motivate staff?
NCASS member? You can get this course half price!
This is the UK's only street food training course where you can watch interviews with successful street food traders and download helpful resources to use after the course is done.
The information on this page is taken from a two page spread inside the Profitable Mobile Catering book written and sold by the Nationwide Caterers Association.
It covers everything you need to know about how to start and run a catering business.
The Complete Guide to Profitable Catering costs £25.00 + p&p and you can grab your copy from the NCASS website right here
P.S - You can get this publication at a discounted rate if you join NCASS!